1. The synagogue will take on vegan programming for one year by:
2. Committing in advance to carrying out at least ONE monthly vegan activity for 12 consecutive months.
3. The activities could include, among possible other events: vegan meals, documentary screenings, pay-per-view events, vegan pledges among membership, cooking classes, or speakers. Please note that individual synagogues will be reimbursed (from the $5,000 grant) for food, but NOT reimbursed for speakers fees or related travel.
4. Each synagogue shall submit a quarterly report on its activity and the number of people participating, including the number of unique participants and repeat participants from month to month. The minimum number of unique participants throughout the course of the challenge should be no fewer than 300 people in total at each synagogue.
5. Participants at each synagogue shall have the opportunity to complete a brief survey and feedback of his/her experience, per each event.
6. Each synagogue may submit for reimbursement up to $5,000 throughout the year, based on actual program expenditures and receipts, including for food costs, documentary screening fees, literature, or other possible expenditures as pre-approved by The Shamayim V'Aretz Institute.
By applying to this program, you and your synagogue agree to these terms. Not following them may make you ineligible for the final grant.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.